Benefits to Becoming a Chamber Member
Member Activities and Programs
- Annual Golf Tournament – a joint project with the St. James Rotary and School District 840 Foundation to raise funds for each organization.
- Candidates Forum – sponsored on election years for local State, County, School District and City candidates
- Chamber Bucks – The Chamber buck program is designated to keep dollars local. Anybody can purchase Chamber bucks; however they can only be spent at participating Chamber member businesses. Chamber bucks are the same as Cash! Chamber members “cash in” the chamber bucks after being spent at their businesses. Money value is guaranteed by the Chamber of Commerce, no service charge by the chamber. Overall it is a great incentive/reward program. In 2016 over $ 10,500.00 Chamber Bucks were purchased by individuals and companies showing their support for the chamber business community.
- Holiday Festival Parade and Celebration
- Member Luncheons – an opportunity to network and also reward employees for a great job.
- Business After Hours and Lunch & Learns
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies – An opportunity to recognize new businesses and those businesses that have made a significant improvement in their buildings.
- The Chamber works locally, as well as at state and federal level to promote a business-friendly atmosphere
- The Chamber collaborates with the City and the Economic Development Authority to promote business development
- The Chamber teams with the Convention and Visitors Bureau to promote tourism
- Information seminars
- Legislative updates involving businesses
- Lunch & Learns
- Board Room
- Available to all members Free of Charge
- Member Office and Conference Facility – available to members that need an office for a few hours or for a day.
- Bulk Mail – permit available for use by members
- Free and Discounted Rates for Events
- Insurance discounts – some insurance companies offer a discount if you are a chamber member
- Membership is tax deductible
- Free Printing of Flyers for chamber member promotions (limited number)
- Free Notary Service for the businesses and employees of chamber members
- Resource Center – The Chamber is the one stop resource center for the community, county and beyond.
- Information Rack – The Chamber office displays member only business information for those individuals that stop by to get information or a business referral.
- Welcome Packets – The Chamber has information packets available for new residents relocating to St. James.
- Tourism – The Chamber is part of the Convention and Visitors Bureau and works to bring tourists to our community for the benefit of Chamber members.
- Chamber Chatter, Web and Social Networking exposure.
- “Shop St. James 1st” promotions in local stores and in various publications.
- Promotional Ads in the St. James Plaindealer, Town and Country Shopper and Pure Gold papers.
- Referrals – When inquiries are made concerning business – only chamber members are mentioned.
- Website – Chamber members are given a detailed business card on the website, including links to websites.
- Community Calendar – Chamber staff will post members events on the chamber calendar.
- Facebook page – Chamber member events and news is posted on the Facebook page. Our Facebook page has had over 2,000 hits.
- Chamber Blasts – Sent out when relevant events or specials are being held by chamber members.
- Chamber Chatter – Monthly Newsletter highlighting chamber members business events, offerings, or sales.
- 1st Avenue Exposure – The Chamber has two Main Street Windows available for members to showcase their products or services.
- Mailing Labels – The Chamber membership mailing list is available for use by members. Labels are provided at a nominal fee.
- Tickets and Consignment Sales – The Chamber will sell tickets for Chamber member events; some examples are pancake breakfast, concerts, special dinners, etc. at no charge for the members.
- Website – job openings posting site will be available for chamber members only.
Investment in the Community = Investment in the Future
- Chamber is invested in community events and activities.
- Take pride in having your business involved in an organization at the next level.
Print and fill out the PDF below to apply to the St. James Chamber of Commerce.
|Churches & Non-profit service organizations||$120|
|Home Business / Daycare||$200|
|1 – 5 Employees||$250|
|6 – 10 Employees||$500|
|11 – 25 Employees||$750|
|26 – 50 Employees||$1,000|
|51 – 100 Employees||$1,250|
|101 – 200 Employees||$1,500|
|201 – 300 Employees||$1,750|
|301 – 500 Employees||$2,000|
|501 + Employees||$3,200|
*Your first year of membership will come with a 10% discount in dues*